Monday, February 20, 2017

But It's Presidents' Day! Bad Driver: 610 RPJ; Silent, Rude Co-Worker

Man, I thought -- I hoped -- that my trip into work would be just fine because it's Presidents' Day and there are a lot fewer people working and thus on the road.  But no, I got dickheads everywhere.

Take, for example, this red/beige Honda Crosstour.  I'm just about to work.  There are two lanes; I'm on the left.  I see this asshole car get up behind a car in the right lane, which is diagonally in front of me.  Those two cars are accelerating away from me, and I am keeping my respective distance from the car in front of me, like I've been told, like I'm supposed to do.  I knew what was about to happen: This tailgater was going to cut in front of me.  And I felt like I could have sped up and cut her (I think it was a woman) off.  But the way the cars and I were going, I would have felt like an ass if I did speed up and she was able to get in front of me anyway.  Plus, the one positive thing about Presidents' Day was that I made excellent time; I wasn't running late, and in fact I was getting to work early.  So, I gave that bitch a bone.

And, sure enough, said bitch scooted in front of me.  (At least she turned on her turn signal as she was doing it!)  At this point I was afraid she was going where I was: To a new, shorter route to the parking lot, where I would take a left and encounter the parking lot the other way.  And, sure enough, where I had to take a left, she did.  And where I wanted to go right, she did -- before me, yards away since she was still driving like a bat out of hell.  We both eventually went to where we both wanted to go, sort of.  We hit a dead end that led only to a parking ramp.  That's where she wanted to go, but not me.  So, in a sense, all of this was for nothing, since the detour I thought I was taking wasn't.

---

Never mind; I went back to my usual route (I'll try and take this shorter route tomorrow) and, because it was Presidents' Day, found a parking spot closer to the building that would have taken longer to get to if I did find this "shorter" route.  And I was still early for work.

OK, so I'm getting to the door.  Everybody was getting to the door.  Now, if the person ahead of you holds open the door ahead of you, what do you do?  Say "Thank you," of course!  But this bitch (I know it's a woman because, well, she was right behind me) didn't!!  And this is Minnesota, so there are double doors on the way inside, so that meant that we went through a second door, which meant that she had a second chance to thank me.  But guess what?  She didn't -- again!!!  How rude!!!!

Oh, well.  I had to take the first elevator that was open and I'm glad she didn't go in after me.  (Weird that the bay didn't stop flush with the lip of the floor; it was lower by an inch, so when I stepped in, I was surprised that my landing was further away than I thought it would be.)  Hopefully I'll never see her again.  Just have four (well, three) days left.

And I thought everything would be smooth and calm today because it's Presidents' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment