Friday, February 3, 2017

Addendum To: I Haven't Told Him, Yet -- Nope, I Just Did

... and he didn't show up for work today.  It was his last day, and the lunch we were going out for was basically for him since it was his last day.  But he didn't show, so no lunch for him.  And therefore his last day, technically, was yesterday, since that is when he came in.  (BTW, he came in Wednesday but no-showed Monday nor Tuesday.)

Look, he didn't keep regular hours.  Most of the time he would saunter in in the late afternoon.  Lately he had to cut out early.  But there were some days he wouldn't show up.  I assume he told our bosses, but if he did, I didn't know.  Now, missing three days without me knowing, that was something I wasn't used to.  His rehearsals ratcheted up in intensity this week, but he e-mailed one of my bosses saying that although he had to cut out real early, he would be in.  Nope, only two-of-five days, excluding this one.

I have to wonder: Is he mad that I got the job and he didn't?  Is he rolling around in his bed in a deep depression because he "lost?"  Should I not have told him that I was extended?  Maybe I shouldn't have told him.  But gosh, if we were all at lunch, news that I would be sticking around would have been uttered at some point.  Man, did I make a mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment