Monday, April 5, 2021

2021 March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 6

Record, Round 5: 0-1
Overall Record: 21-28
Total Outlay, Round 5: $800.00
Total Winnings, Round 5: $0
Total Loss, Round 5: $800.00
Up-To-Date Loss: $1,513.63

Yep.  Turns out I didn't know at all.  We all thought Baylor-Houston was supposed to be the close matchup.  Ah, well, at least I saw the ending to Gonzaga-UCLA, and at least this tournament finally got its buzzer-beater:

 

Whatever, I probably would have taken Gonzaga and the 13 1/2-14 Points they were giving up, so I'd still be a shit ton in the hole right now, anyway.

---

So what does this mean about tonight?  The Bulldogs still have to turn around from that heartstopper (where they had to play an extra five Minutes, by the way) and face a Bears team that has not had to escape any of their tourney Games the way the Zags had to Saturday night.  The talent gap between the two teams is not great, plus Baylor has gotten a little more rest.

To me, who you pick will dictate which side of the Over/Under you'd favor.  If Gonzaga is going to win, they'll push the tempo and use their superior passing to blitz the Bears, and so the total more likely will go over.  However, if Baylor is able to assert their will and slow the tempo down like they want to, they'll clean the glass (especially on the offensive end) and win in a low-scoring affair.  I still don't know which scenario is more likely to happen.

Man, I don't know nuthin'.

1) Gonzaga-Baylor Over 159.5 (This is a dart throw, but I finally thought of which team is more likely to win playing the other team's style.  And so I harken back to the Bears' immolation of Houston whereby everything was falling for them.  I don't know if it's likely, but with the Bulldogs having to expend some conditioning playing Overtime and probably still euphoric from one of the greatest shots in recent NCAA history [which I will downgrade because if Suggs misses it, they go to Double Overtime -- sorry to be a Skip Bayless], I can see Baylor running Gonzaga off the floor.  Again, I'm not saying it's likely, but I can see it.  Combine that with the Zags likely to continue to be able to stroke the ball, and I think that regardless of who wins [and I don't know who will, but for my bracket pool's sake, I hope Gonzaga does], it is more likely to be high-scoring.  Then again, if you bet the other way because I say this, I sure as hell won't blame you) $1,700

Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment