Monday, April 12, 2021

Glad To Know I Won't Be Busy ... So I Can Plan On Being Busy

As I have stated, my test scoring job for which I had to stay up nights for ended way, way earlier than first projected.  As I have also stated before, whenever I get a test scoring job, I always look at the end date as stated in the offer.  I count the days and cut them in half (and, to be generous, I round up).  That is the number of days/time I feel I can hardcore definitely say the project will last.  Because the length of these projects are always flexible.  They even say so, and they said so the first time I applied for a job.  This, however, is an extreme.  There have been, oh, a couple or a few projects where it lasted less than half the projected time.  This job, which was supposed to go for 20 days, lasted only nine, and much of the time spent during those nine days were spent looking at a two arrows moving clockwise in a circle.  This aborted project does not hold a candle to this other project years ago, where we told at the beginning of the second day that we were done within an hour or something.  But it's still disappointing.

Well, maybe not.  As I always seem to think when obligations fall through, I look forward to using my newly-found free time to use toward other things I need to do.  In fact, those other things were on my mind as soon as it dawned on me that this online, Work From Home project was going to have travel finding essays for us to score, and thus the end date of this project was going to come sooner than I thought -- although, like I said, I didn't think it was going to be this soon.  Three tasks come to mind ... and now, "cum" to think of it, two of these things aren't really obligations:
  1. The oil percentage counter on my car has been ticking down for weeks now.  It's at 5%, and it is at that percentage when I finally decide to bring it in for an oil change because anything more than that is a waste of good oil.
  2. I want to get rubdown from ******a.
  3. I want to fuck ****e for the first time in months.
There was an originating factor that came into forming this list: Getting a vaccine.  I didn't really entertain the last two "tasks" until I found a time whereby I could get a shot.  Not that I'm safe (far from it), but right now, it is important for me to get some sort of vaccine before I could get into close contact with women I plan on being intimate with, particularly ****e, who I will be doing the do with.  (I have fucked her during the pandemic, as I have noted here in WAF, but the spread of these variants, which apparently are way more transmissible, gave me enough pause to not see her for a while.)  Getting the first shot on Saturday is enough for me to go through with plans on hanging out with my wang out with these two gorgeous women.  That may not be wise.  I'll grant you that.

There's a further complication.  About ten days ago I received another offer from the same test scoring place about another job -- also in the evening, also WFH, starting the Monday after the initial end date, and stretching (at least they say) all the way till the end of June.  I would certainly have Saturdays, and I would take the occasional afternoon or even day off from my main job.  But there are a lot of things I could do in the evening that I won't be able to do for the next ten (or even five, if my rule still is valid) calendar weeks.  Having time in the evening before this project begins would help me get around to doing stuff I need to do -- the oil change (amongst other things) is the big thing, but getting my fuck on would also help when it comes to burnishing my manhood.

But I had no bleepin' clue how early the project was going to end.  I didn't really have a clue if it was going to end early -- like there were five consecutive workdays where there was no work, but theoretically there could have been enough of a buildup of papers after that weeklong pause that would keep us busy till the projected drop-dead date.  I was prepared to end this job on Friday and start the new one Monday; I've done it before.  But there are appointments to be made with the dealership, and I have to text these babes to see if they're free.  None of those things I could really do unless I had any idea when and/or if I would be free in the evening.

So that's why I wasn't that mad when I came online 5:30 on Friday and was told by the project manager that we were all done.  I could be upset at all the work I thought we were going to have and didn't.  But that freed me up to get my car fixed and get a massage on Thursday, and get fucked Friday afternoon.  Moreover, I now have time to call my therapist for a tele-health conference Tuesday afternoon.  (The last time I spoke to him I was in a part and had to cut it off 20 minutes early because I had to, uh, go to the bathroom.)  And, I have to admit, I looked forward to being able to take my evening naps again.

And I don't think I would have been able to do all those things, or I would have needed to do some serious switching around, without having this week-long break from night work that starts tonight.  Again, I could use the money.  But this is yet another case where I, and I guess people, need certainty.  Whether it's good or bad, you can plan on reacting to it once you know what is coming, and when.  Plans that are up in the air are the worst because you are unable to prepare for an outcome.  Now, I can deal with it.  I can do the things I need to do, and do the things I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment