Thursday, April 1, 2021

So How Am I Doing A Week-Plus Into My Test Scoring Job?

So far, so good.  Haven't fallen asleep yet, in either place.  But the lack of an evening rest has gotten to me.  I am severely groggy much of the morning at my main job, and so that lunchtime nap is absolutely essential for me to stay upright the rest of the day, and probably night.  Still, I need to sneak in some sleep -- well, more like close my eyes and space out -- right before I'm supposed to turn my laptop on, logon and read essays.  Actually I don't feel fatigued at my night job, but I'm plenty bored, and I cannot help but think about other things as I'm staring at the umpteenth paper that shift.

I am worried about the sleep debt I'm accruing.  But I am surprised that once my night job is over, I feel pretty energized, and I can go several hours before feeling as though I need to conk off for the night.  That does not set me up well for the morning and my real job, of course, and I keep missing out on rest my body needs and will probably make me catch up on come Friday night.  But overall, my worst time is mid-morning, but after that, I'm fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment