Friday, August 28, 2026

Still No Rest For The Wicked

Should try and stay home one of these days, but the last time I did that was Monday.  It could have been tonight, but my friend just told me she's stopping home this weekend, so I think we've just made plans to go to the State Fair.  (I say "I think" because I'm not 100% sure if she meant tonight/Friday night or tomorrow/Saturday night.  I can't go tomorrow/Saturday night because I have that MNUFC Match ... but, honestly, if that's the only time I can see her, I'd skip that.)

I'm not going to say this has "ruined" my night in, because honestly, I have thought about going to the Alabama Shakes concert.  They're in town to perform tonight and tomorrow night.  I'm not the biggest fan of theirs, but they have a new album that technically has come out now/Friday, and I think it's cool to see a band who's in town to play a concert on the same day their new album drops.  On the other hand, Alabama Shakes is playing at Surly Brewing Festival Field.  I've been to their destination brewery, and they have ample parking right there, but all of that is taken up when a band is playing, so I don't know where to park or whether I have to take public transportation in.  On top of that, work has actually been non-punishing this week.  I actually got out of work only a little bit past eight hours yesterday/Thursday.  If that happens again today/Friday, I will have too much time to kill between work and the concert, and my laziness might coax me not to go.

But I am doing something, apparently, and that is hanging with my high school buddy and eating our brains out.  Hey, YOLO, right?  What's the other appropriate axiom here -- I can sleep when I'm dead?  Yeah, that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment