Starting from Friday, August 28:
- We go back to Thursday, August 27, the first day of the State Fair. Didn't have as much money as I wanted, so I relied on my credit card for the Blue Barn Sweet Squeakers (which is fast becoming an annual staple), the Frozen Blue beer, Swedish coffee, and Cherry Jumbo Limeade Float from, uh, that place (I should commit the shop's name to memory; I can see getting this year after year, too). But I shelled out cash for the Gizmo (first time ever I've eaten at this place), the corn, and the Peachey's Amish donut. With a tip for the Gizmo the total is: $26.
- On Tuesday the 25th I went to Caribou before work partly so I could get cash. A medium mocha (just a mocha, not one of their signature mochas), minus trivia and plus, gets to: $7.25.
- That evening I had to go to our alumni Game-watching place to make sure it was OK for us to watch our Game, which is that Saturday, there. We could. With tip I spent: $37.
- All the way back to Saturday, August 15, where I went to Porchfest at the Wedge neighborhood. Wish I could have spent some more time down there, walking through the streets and catching bands playing. I tipped the bands, and I also got a cup of lemonade from a family selling it. Total amount I spent for Porchfest: $5.
- Monday, August 3: ******a, oh, ******a: $150.
- We hurtle back to Tuesday, July 28, where I had to see Supergirl a second time because I missed the very start of it the first time. Ticket, popcorn, pop, minus my $5 discount because I used points (I got food with a movie for the first time in a long time, and knowing how much it regularly costs, I won't be buying food again for a while) comes out to: $17.30.
- Sunday, July 26 ... this is the day I wanted to drive to Iowa, but I had to wait for ****e* to get here, and I finally just left because her lazy but nice ass couldn't get out of her house when she promised she would. Not mad, just disappointed. I got to The Day The Music Died Memorial, which is out on a private cornfield, in the early evening. Wish I had went when it wasn't blisteringly humid, but you can't predict the weather. Still, it was eerie and moving, and I'm glad I got to pay my respects. And I got to pay it alone; I got to the parking lot, which is across the gravel street from the memorial site, as another person was leaving, and no one came after me. There was an RV of someone who was tending to the gravel parking lot I parked at. I got the feeling she and her family appointed themselves as caretakers of the memorial and the parking lot. They had little trinkets to sell, and they asked for donations. I appreciated that someone is dedicating themselves to keeping up the area, so I donated: $5.
- On Saturday the 25th I went out to Stillwater and got Nelson's Ice Cream. This place is famous for heaping scoop upon scoop upon scoop of ice cream. Their smalls are large. I appreciate that in these days of paying more and getting less, but this was ridiculous. With tip: $8.
- I wanted to get ice cream after I saw *****y, but her hot but finicky ass made me cum see her after ice cream. And then she made me cum: $150.
- Thursday, July 23: I don't know if the date is right. But I have this as the day I went to Nelson's -- not the ice cream shop in Stillwater but the deli place close to home. Got a Hero, a medium chicken wild rice soup, and a can of RC Cola. With tip the total was: $17.32.
- Wednesday the 22nd -- had to buy lottery tickets, both lotteries. Total: $14.
- I then got gasoline. Paid cash for it: $32.
- To Sunday the 19th, where I went to Grandpa Joe's for a Whistler pop. Minus the bottle deposit I paid: $1.62.
- I then went to the Black Hart to watch some World Cup soccer. Can of cider plus tip: $7.
- That night I went to a local theater to watch The Odyssey. This is an historic one-screen place (although it's owned by a company that has a few historic one-screen places) that showed the film in 70mm. This is a theater where the person running the screening is an aficionado, and he showed how better the resolution a flick is in 70mm by bringing out the reel in which the film is threaded. I like the presentation. I love the movie, too; it's fantastic, and the probable Oscar favorite for Best Film. Small popcorn, small pop, and tips for concessions and the organist (I used my credit card for the ticket): $14.
- Finally, on Wednesday, July 15, I took that day and the following day off for World Cup Semifinals -- and, on this day, to take my car in for maintenance. After the oil change and tire rotation, I took my vehicle to the car wash. Paid for the wash, but the tip was in cash: $5.
- Because there was nothing seriously wrong with the car, I had time to go to Flameburger to take in breakfast. Great to eat there; will return next year. Got their meal of half an egg, hash browns and toast, and with a small apple juice and tip it cost me: $15.
- Later that afternoon I went to Brit's Pub to see Spain handcuff France, 2-0. There went my World Cup pick. With tip: $54.
I keep saying this because it remains true: I have to do these EWRs more often.
Good through August 28.
No comments:
Post a Comment