Monday, July 15, 2013

Addendum To: The Second Sound Is Back

It's not just the sound anymore.  I now feel some vibration coming from the accelerator.  It starting happening last week, I think, driving to work, where I could gun my car up to 70 but I felt some resistance while doing so.  I felt my pulse quicken and my forehead sweat cold sweat.  But I had to go to work, and it was kind of windy outside, so I just chalked it up to that.

I've been saying that excuse to myself ever since, the last time being coming home from Rosedale late this afternoon.  But I know it can't have been that windy the past nine days.

Before coming home I spent some time in the library finishing up and uploading my column reviewing the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it came out in February and hasn't been available for sale in stores since Memorial Day.  Just get the fuck off me, will ya?  Here it is, by the way.  While waiting for my computer to shut down I perused through the aisles and, lo and behold, the car maintenance guides were the second row of books over from my desk.  Curious about any new insight into my car's current troubles, I went through the big book on foreign transmissions.

There is a series of tests that a technician should do to pinpoint what's going on with the transmission.  At one point on the page I saw this, and I'm paraphrasing: "If you feel or hear noise or vibration when accelerating, it's the drive belt or a bolt or something else."

Shit, it's one of those things, isn't it?

I think the mechanics scratched my car when I took it in to fix a power steering leak Friday.  The guy asked me to bring it in so he could take a look.  I also asked him to look at the radio volume knob.  Might as well bring it in for this shit, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment