Thursday, March 3, 2016

What Did I Say???

OK, so yesterday (Wednesday) morning I go on Facebook.  I have this Facebook friend (I don't know her, but we're friends because she's hot) who posted this story about being accosted by this young man whom she deemed creepy.  Now, she seems (or seemed) to be a pretty cool chick who could, you know, stand on her own.  She doesn't appear, to me, to be somewhere who is, uh, vulnerable.  And she has been quite cheeky in many of her posts about what's going on her life.  So I took it like she was going, "Uh!  You won't believe what happened to me last night!"

Therefore I, innocently, thought that I would post a comment which was solely intended to commiserate with her.  What I was trying to say was essentially, "Hey, crazy world, huh?  Sorry, babe."

That's all I wanted to say.  THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO SAY!!!  And I thought nothing of it until my break, where I logged on (that's for the free 3G now, T-Mobile! [I think]) and saw a series of comments lambasting moi.  And no, these weren't civil, mature criticisms.  These were angry comments.  One called me a "fuckwit."  And I think I was called a douchebag twice.  But that was nothing like the wrath I endured from my so-called friend, who simply replied to me, "Fuck you."

Well.  I think I am still in denial about what she and her followers are saying about me.  This outrage literally came out of the blue.  I didn't think she would be so mad.  Then, later in the comments, she recounted a time where she got groped by two strangers.  Now, if I had known that, and if I had known that she may have remembered and even been traumatized by that, I probably would have changed my perception of her as being strong and thus able to let that creep roll down her back.  I probably wouldn't have said anything at all.

But I didn't know that.  And I don't really know her, either.  After reading these attack by these strangers, I tried to mitigate this shitstorm by saying just that -- that I don't know her and therefore was not able to see things in the dangerous way she perceived it.  No dice from her.  She actually commented and then commented again about how rude I was.  Rude?  Me?  I would never do that to someone that's hot.  I am so embarrassed that my comment/olive branch was broken over my head that I am going to not read either of her comments closely.

And you know what?  I'm not going to apologize.  I'm going to, sort of speak, stand my ground.  I think it's too fucking dangerous to explain myself; I'd probably just dig myself even further.  But frankly, I'm not going to apologize.  For what -- not anticipating that what I thought was a roll-with-the-punches kind of chick was going to be more traumatic than I thought she would be?  Should I apologize to all of her "friends" who stuck up for her?  Bullshit that they are really offended by what I said; they're just piling on because she said she was angry.  Besides, it was just one goddamn comment, that's all.  If you don't like it, fine.  Now the fury that I saw over what I said makes me scared that I left some personal information on Facebook and that they could hack my account or, well, come after me.  What's the use of saying sorry then?

In the meantime I have blocked all those people who basically told me to fuck off.  They'll be the ones who'll come after me, I think.  She might come after me too, if she's as upset as she appeared to be.  But I have to ask one thing: If she is so pissed off and hurt by what I said, why doesn't she unfriend me?

No comments:

Post a Comment