Sunday, March 20, 2016

I'm Ashamed To Admit This, But ...

I had a little too much to drink this morning, and I was not well enough to drive, but I drove anyway.

I woke up, with about 4 1/2 hours of sleep (not helped, by the way, by tossing and turning when I went to bed -- damn coffee), to go downtown to watch soccer.  Had only a bloody mary there because I went to Hooters at the Mall Of America to watch the men's hockey selection show and some more EPL.  Had a huge Stella Artois along with some boneless wings and fries.

That's a lot to drink, but I thought I was able to handle it.  It just, well, hit me on my way to the library.  Felt really tired.  Really tired.  It wasn't like the time when I did fall asleep on the road, but it was close.  I don't remember how I got here in one piece to write this.  The only thing I remember while driving in this sleepy state is thinking, "Oh my God, I think I'm going to get into an accident."

I didn't.  But I was so tired that as soon as I parked the car I reclined my chair, took out my sleep mask from the glove compartment, and took a nap.  I feel refreshed now, so I am able to drive home OK.  But damn, I got so lucky this afternoon.

What the hell is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment