Saturday, March 19, 2016

March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 2 (Saturday)

OK, starting this year I am doing something different: For Rounds 2 and 4, the ones where the next round begins the day after the previous round ends, I am going to break down my Anti-Picks in two and give you my wagers only for the games that day.  I am doing this for three reasons:

  1. Doc's Sports, and really all the online oddsmaker sites, are unable to give me new lines for all the games for the entire round before that round begins.  You may understand that, for example, since there were Round 1 games that finished last (Friday) night, they might not have odds between the winners of those games and their next opponents by the time I post my hypothetical bets.  I tried coping, but to no avail.  This is simply easier.
  2. I am busy on the weekends, and I don't have time to blog as close to the opening tip of the first game of the new round every single time I need to do so.  This (Saturday) morning, for example, I plan on waking up early and watching EPL games in downtown Minneapolis, then swing over for overtime work at the test scoring place.  By the time I'm done, it'll be the mid-afternoon and games for Round 2 would have already begun.  Plus, I'll be tired when I get home and won't be in the mood to blog.
  3. Oh, and speaking of being tired ... I'm actually really fucking sick and tired of the tournament now.  I had a fucked-up Friday -- 9-7, including the last three chronological games (including Texas losing on a buzzer-beater and Cincinnati's last make being overturned after instant replay showed the guy still had contact with the ball at the gun -- for fuck's sake, man, why couldn't you just fucking lay it in?!?!?!).  I have now lost three of my Last Eight, the Bearcats, Purdue, and, of course, Michigan St.  I guess I'm just not in a mood to keep doing what I've been doing with the Anti-Picks.
Oh, I'm making one other change: I won't be compiling my results round-by-round.  Now I am going to just throw out my wagers and, once the whole tourney is done, go back and check my record.  This is mostly because I am tired and don't have time to do that.  Of course, I might not have time to do it later, either.

You know what?  I kind of take back what I said.  I need to know where I stand in terms of money won or lost, so if I can I am going to compile my win/loss total before the championship game on that Monday.  That way I know where I stand and wager the amount of money I need to end the Big Dance in the black, if need be.

---

1) Wichita St. -2 $50

2) Yale +6 1/2 $100

3) Kentucky-Indiana Over 155 $50

4) Arkansas-Little Rock +6 1/2 $100

5) Yale M/L +226 $50

6) Christ ... parlay 1) through 4), for $75

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment