Wednesday, March 2, 2016

When Two Cars Actually Mean No Cars

Great.  Since my new car is encased in ice I thought that I should try fixing the old car, which is out in the driveway not encased in ice but is old.  Battery's dead too, and maybe the whole thing is dead.

And here comes 60 minutes of hell:

  • Couldn't unscrew the bolt to the battery cable because it's rusted.
  • Tried finding the right ratchet, but can't because all of the nuts are in one fucking bucket, in no order, of course -- thanks, dad!
  • After finding what might be the right one I still can't loosen the bolt, and since darkness fell, I quit.
  • Turns out I now can't completely close the hood.  Something's either stuck or broken.
If I was able to get the battery out of the old car, I was going to get exchange it for a new one.  Ideally, I would put it in and everything would be fine.  Now, I don't know if I even can get the battery out of there, and I doubt I'll have time tomorrow and/or Friday with all the shit I have to do to get it exchanged.  And on top of that the fucking hood might be broken.  So I might need to use the minivan on Saturday, and I might not be able to because Mother might need it.  And what about Monday?  What if both cars are broken?

Fuck all this, goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment