Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Problems (Non-Father Edition!)

I'm actually surprised that today was one of those rare days where my father was the one in the family who treated me the best.

My mother wanted an automatic blood pressure monitor because one day she was worried about high blood pressure. So it came this afternoon, and my grandmother wanted to test out this shiny new toy. The instructions say that there can't be anything between the arm and the cuff, so she had to take her shirts off. She stripped down to her third shirt (guess she was cold today) but we couldn't roll up her shirt enough to put on the cuff properly. So she took off that shirt. And she wasn't wearing a bra.

Dude, I saw my grandmother's left tit today. For the first time. I ain't never gonna live that shit down.

Along with the automatic BP monitor, we were sent diapers. We wanted to give some away to my sister's best friend's mother, who was hit with a virus where she has lost all motor function, including the ability to hold her water. The sister's best friend wasn't home, so I decided to wait until tomorrow to bring over the diapers (they live two doors down from us).

I ask my mother what I needed to bring over; both diapers, she said. Then, as she does when she becomes a cunt, she starts asking my questions that aren't any of her business -- will the best friend be there, is the mom in a walker, etc. Then she starts advising me not to go because she doesn't want me to make the mom answer the door. Then she starts yelling at me not to go:
"You make her get up and if she falls down, you're screwed," or something -- she starts to talk fast and say gibberish when she gets pissy. But then she says, like she inevitably does, "I am telling you not to go!" and I feel my blood rushing through my body, the way my blood has done that every single time my mom yelled at me. And at that very instant, when she said that, I felt like I felt when I was just a kid and she was yelling at me for something I didn't do. And even though it was familiar, I haven't felt like that in a long time, that feeling of embarrassment and helplessness and that she's about to slap me across the face. Glad that she didn't. Hopefully she's afraid of me. I'm not small -- physically -- anymore.

God damn you, Mother. God damn you to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment