Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Day

I ate at Uncle Franky's today. I've been trying to eat there more because, whenever I go "work" at the U., I see their sandwich boards advertising their cheap specials -- $3 for a cheeseburger special. But the service, although great and friendly, always seems a bit slow. This was my third time there and because it's a small operation (I think today was the first time I saw a third person work there) I've had to wait 10 minutes to get my food. And I resolved the last two times to get there early enough so I don't have to suck down my food in order to get to "work" at 1. But goddammit, I just had to get gas at the beginning of my day, and once again I get to Uncle Franky's at 12:30.

While I was waiting for my food I get my lemonade. When I turn back to my table, the man sitting next to me is putting back the salt shaker on my table. While I wasn't looking, he got up, took my salt shaker because he didn't have one on his table, used it, then put it back. Without asking me. Dude, boundaries? I placed my bookbag on the other side of the table from him, to show my displeasure and to make sure he doesn't take anything else when I'm not looking. I also put the salt shaker at the edge of table, in case he needed it again. Am I wrong in thinking what he did was creepy? At least ask me, for God's sake.

There are two video games there: Ms. Pacman and Raiden, that vertical plane shooting game. Some guy puts a quarter in (remember when video games cost only a quarter? Remember when you could put quarters in a video game and slide a card in or some other shit?) and starts playing. He's probably as bored waiting for his food as I was.

But then they call his order number ... and he completely walks away from his game. Right in the middle of it. I can't fucking believe it; his plane is under attack and he's just gonna let it die like that?! Poor plane!! I had to avert my eyes and concentrate on something else just so I wouldn't hear it dying. I would've let my food sit there until my game was over. Besides, what a waste of a quarter. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment