Thursday, February 19, 2009

My family sent in some LLC forms but we haven't heard back on its status. I called today and was told the application was sent back because it was incomplete -- I didn't put down the words "LLC," for fuck's sake. Coincidentally, and this seems to happen more often than I think it should, my father got a fax of that application and asked/told me to do it again.

My father was kind of riding me on getting it done. I had a self-defense class to go to at 7, but I thought I had time and so I went through it before I left a little after 6:30, which is a little late. Possibly because I was running late, possibly due to some subconscious anger over my father yelling at me, I throw the app in front of him on the dining room table. He starts to scream as I get the recyclables out from the back deck to be put on the curb for morning pickup -- "Why didn't you put 'LLC' on in the first place? Which of these papers do I have to send back? What is this initial list of managers you didn't fill out? What's the address?" And I have to say that I didn't yell or complain or whine, I sternly told and ordered and did things for my father -- not too calmly, but not overreacting so that my father would have a reason to escalate a fight. I left late, but got to my class on time. I got back at 1:30.

Now I'm worried that he'll passive-aggressively get back at me for "disrespecting" him. I kind of did, but if I did, it was for shit he's done to me ... in the past. Maybe I learned my passive-aggressiveness from him. For now, my comeback is, "What, you have a problem with how I acted to you last night? Why, are you mad?"

No comments:

Post a Comment