Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Failure To Communicate

I might get into so much trouble over this.

After a year-long-plus absence, I went back to this strip club to meet this stripper I used to have a strong rapport with. We had a falling out over the overdose death of one of her co-workers, and I may have used strong words and/or weirded out on her. But I chose to stay away.

Unemployment, loneliness and longing changed my mind, and so I came back. And we agreed to bury the hatchet. We haven't even talked about her.

But apparently we both have thin skin. She runs a blog that really is a published schedule of the girls working at her club each day. Well, one day (2/4) she didn't post. The day before (2/3) she said she was told she couldn't use props and that she overheard one of them saying she was no fun to work with. She posted the next day (2/5) and explained why she couldn't post -- tech issues or something. So in her comments section I said I was glad she didn't get fired or quit. I don't know why I posted it; I connected the troubles she had on the 3rd with her deciding it was the last straw and quitting, or she got into an argument with the girl who bad-mouthed her and was shitcanned. In retrospect it was silly to post because there was no good reasoning to think she left her job.

But her response to my comments (2/6) doesn't sit right with me. I'm getting a pissy tone by her "I don't have to do this" and "That may sound mean, but it's not meant to be." Well, I didn't mean to sound mean when I said I'm glad you didn't quit or were fired. I didn't forget that you were doing this for the good of the club; I was just worried that you didn't post as regularly as you have, probably more so than warranted. Maybe it was a poor choice of words. Maybe I shouldn't've said anything at all -- no, I now know I shouldn't have said anything at all. But it's a stupid comment. Are you angry about what I said? Why are you angry about what I said?

I hope this isn't more than it actually is. I hope I'm not making it more than it actually is, and I definitely hope she isn't making it more than it actually is. Because if what we have here is another failure to communicate, I won't be able to go into the club anymore.

I posted another comment basically saying, "I'm sorry." I'm apologizing for things I shouldn't have to apologize for. I'll just keep away for now. Last thing I need is a beautiful woman biting my head off -- and we're not having BDSM sex or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment