Monday, February 8, 2010

I Might Lose My Money Over Fucking Pizza

Great, now My Fucking Mother's pissed at me.  Wait till you get a load of this. ...

Today was the third time we bought from Pizza Hut.  We took advantage of their "any pizza, any size, any toppings, any crust for ten bucks" deal.  This time, however, when My Fucking Mother called me to call Pizza Hut to order the pizzas that my parents would pick up on the way home, she asked me about the crust.  Seems she is so pissed off about how tiny the pan crust is (which in fact is pretty big) that she really, really wants a bigger crust.  But the stuffed crust is more expensive, so she settled on getting exactly the same pizzas we got the other two times -- Super Supreme on one pie, eight toppings on the other, regular crust with both.  But I told her I'll ask about how much the stuffed crust is anyway.

I call "The Hut," and the guy who takes my order say it's supposed to be a dollar extra, but the coupon or something said it was free when it wasn't.  I didn't quite understand what he said, but what I did understand was that he was going to give it to me for free.  Yay!  So it was $20.35 and it'd be ready in 15 minutes.  I tell My Fucking Mother, ask if she wants any changes, and she didn't, so that was that.

Except ... except that I promised the guy that I'd call back after I called My Fucking Mother.  And ... shit, I should've never promised to call him back.  I totally space out and I start surfing the Internet and then go to the backand shovel the deck of snow.  I think everything's cool until they come home and My Fucking Mother says that she paid $2.15 more than I was quoted.

Unbeknownst to me, My Fucking Mother laid down a gauntlet with two forks.  There was one way I could have gone, a way that would have placated her, and the other way, my way, the I decided to take, the path that I did not know at the time pissed her off beyond belief.

What did I choose to do?  I decided to call back Pizza Hut and ask why the hell was I charged two bucks more than what I was told I was going to be charged -- and I did it immediately.  I felt two things: I had to do this now or else I would forget, or the guys at Pizza Hut would forget; and I needed to make this up to My Fucking Mother.  So I call, then I'm put on hold (because apparently people really want their food delivered to them in the middle of a snowstorm.)  I wait in my room, then go to the bathroom to wash up.  After about a dozen minutes, some accusation that I should've brought a coupon, a refusal to admit I was right and an inability to find out which one of those promised me the price for the pizzas was $20.35, I got a coupon for $12 the next time I order.  Fair enough.

So I'm done.  And so was (My Fucking?) Father, who left to do ... something.  Everything was cool, so I sat down at around 7 and finally started to eat pizza.  But My Fucking Mother didn't talk or even look at me the whole time we were there.  She grabbed the remote which was close to me, but that's the closest she ever got to me.  And when she was done, she left me to wrap up and put away the leftover pizza, something she never did without telling me so.  That's when it hit me -- not her being pissed at me, I felt that as soon as I sat down.  No, my "epiphany" is that she was pissed at me because of something she tells me from time to time when I do something she doesn't want me to do: She hates when I, according to her, "make trouble."  And it seems as if calling a pizza company to ask why I believe My Fucking Mother was charged two bucks more than I was told she'd be charged was stirring up shit for no good reason.  And she's mad, she won't listen to reason; I could've told her I got the franchise for free because of what I think was a mistake on their part, she's beyond angry with me right now.

And it's horrible timing, because tomorrow afternoon the nurse that does the yearly assessment for my Grandmother is coming.  Being her Personal Care Assistant provides the only income I have right now.  She is my Grandmother's guardian and possible Power Of Attorney, however, and when the nurse comes over she helps translate between my Grandmother and the assessement nurse.  With our right-wing extremist governor simply choosing not to generate any money at all for the state, there might be no money to pay all the PCA's; I've heard secondhand that people are getting their hours cut significantly and viciously.  Are you telling me that to top all of that off, I'll have to deal with the possibility of a mom who is so upset at me she's willing to throw me under the bus, or worse not show up at all?  You don't know her; she so totally could do some shit like that.

All of this because of some goddamn pizza.  I can't win.  Rarely does it feel like I can do right by either of these two people.  Why can't I pay the amount of pizza I was told I'd have to pay?  And why does my parent hold that against me??  Why?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment