Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Happened Last Week, But It Was A Draft And I Wanted To Finish It

I was late leaving for my errands because I thought I needed to do a little housecleaning to make sure I don't get kicked out of the house.  I leave in a hurry because I want to eat lunch before 1, otherwise it makes no sense to eat when dinner's coming about five hours later.

I drive away; only then do I check if I have everything.  Fuckin' A, I forgot my cellphone, again.  So I have to turn around and drive back to the house.  I have to take the house key out of the key ring.  I have to walk up the stairs -- and since I'm laced into the walking shackles that are my Chuck Taylor low-tops, I had to dirty all the places I just cleaned.

But I still can't find my goddamn cellphone!  Gah, I must've placed it somewhere and I forgot.  So, since I was close to the landline, I decided to call it.  I was pretty sure I left it on, so as long as it's inside the house, I'll hear it.

And I heard it ... coming from my stomach.  I put it in my hooded sweatshirt's pouch.  I hate it when I'm so scatterbrained.

---

Compounding my general confusion was a question I'd been thinking about all day: Do I use my Applebee's card now or later?  I wanted to try their 550-calorie menu, and I just received through the mail a coupon that allows me to buy an entree for $5.50.  I haven't been to Applebee's in a while, and it expired on the 9th, so I was torn as to using it now or later?  What made it worse was that I was approaching my 1 o'clock cutoff time, after which I don't usually eat lunch because it's too close to dinner.  I made a choice to clean instead of to eat because I thought that maybe I could use the coupon later.  But I had time to do it now, or at least I kind of do because I still had to go to Target to get some medication for my Grandmother.

But then I was still done at about 5 to 1.  Do I walk across the busy street to Applebee's, or should I wait?  I could just go to the library because I have some writing to do. ...  At the end of it, I decide I don't know if I'll be busy to use it by Tuesday the 9th, so I cheat, go into Applebee's a little after 1, and try it.  Deep down, though, I know it's because I just want to eat.

And those 550-calorie meals are filling!  I got the entree with the most expensive list price, the Asiago Steak with veggies.  I almost didn't finish it; I wonder how many calories I'm packing from all the meals I usually eat at home, including that night.

I have to be honest -- Monday and Tuesday we had a huge snowstorm, so I don't know if I would have been able to use the coupon then after all.  Dodged a bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment