Monday, February 15, 2010

The Weirdness Of Tila Tequila

When I finally decided MySpace was the best way to stalk be a fan of Playboy and nude models, one of the first people I friended was Tila Tequila.  I heard of her and how she managed to become a celebrity through her sheer will to be connected to everyone on the social networking site.  Plus I saw her photos and she seemed really hot, and I needed someone who'd "care" about me.

I didn't really think I'd ever have a chance to communicate with her at all; she has almost 3.9 million friends.  But I quickly realized she may not be the girl for me.  She blogs on her MySpace incessantly, but unlike me, all of her posts contained a dozen exclamation points and the word "bitches" in the title, and "shit" and "mothafuckas!" in the prose.  Plus the crap she was talking about was of the self-promotional variety, and I didn't think her branching out to become the next Christina Aguilera was going to be so successful.  (And so far, it hasn't; she's moving into label head now.)

But then the death of her fiancĂ©, household products heiress Casey Johnson, brought out a new craven low out of Tequila's personality.  There are a couple of things wrong with the way she broadcast the news of her death in early January.  On the one hand, I feel that talking about a loved one's death is kind of strange, if not tasteless.  There are things you should be doing to mourn someone who ostensibly is supposed to be the closest person in your life; blogging and tweeting about her gets in the way.  But it didn't really get in Tila's way; whenever she wasn't talking about Casey Johnson, she was talking about all the paparrazzi and media(another topic she's fond of bitching about, even though she can't hate it that much if she continues to talk about it)that's been hounding her since Casey's death.  But that didn't take up the majority of her communications with her waiting public in the wake of her lover's funeral.  Instead, it's been more stuff about her being persecuted by those who want to bring her down, or signing acts to her label, or the fetus gestating inside of her, or how she wants to adopt a baby in Haiti to go along with her own, etc.

I don't know how another person's mind works; I barely know how mine works.  But if you're going to keep talking about your life to people who may or may not give a damn about you -- and I don't think you should -- you should talk about the things that should be most important to you, which in Tequila's case is the fiancĂ© who died too soon.  There are too many blogs from her regardless, but the fact that most of them just after Johnson's death were not about Johnson herself gives me the troubling feeling Tequila doesn't really care about Johnson, and never really did.  She only cares about herself, even though she probably doesn't realize that about herself.

Oh, by the way, I checked her Twitter today, which is Valentine's Day.  She has tweeted twice in the past, uh, three hours about Casey Johnson ... and that's it.  You'd think she'd be talking about thinking about her all day.  But no, there are dozens of posts about her label.  And, in a tweet late Saturday, this:

Ambulance on the way to my house. I could have a brain concussion and die ina few hours

Sure you were. Who was going to run your label carry the memory of your "wifey" if you dropped dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment