Friday, March 2, 2012

My Fucking Father, That Conniving Bastard

Woke up this morning with a knock from Grandmother. She usually bothers me at night. Does she really want her money right now, at 9 a.m.?

No. She's being taken by Father somewhere? And I'm supposed to go with them? I was still confused as I eventually woke up from my well-earned slumber. I even stumbled outside to see My Father shoveling the snow that fell overnight. No, I didn't have to go anywhere. But she did.

They came back 90 minutes later. Grandmother came up to me and said, in Chinese, "Nursing home."

I should've known. That conniving bastard, My Fucking Father. I thought we dodged a bullet when the slot at the nursing home he had reserved was taken, but apparently he found another one. And I think he needed to fulfill a requirement that the person going in has to visit at least one time before being put in there for good. That's where they went, it's gotta be! And I knew he had to keep both of us in the dark because we would resist if he told us beforehand. That son-of-a-bitch. ...

I'm scant better. He needed my help getting records from her clinic. I should've said no. But I don't want My Fucking Father getting mad at me. So I did. Of course, because I have no legal power to ask for her records, I don't have her records, which is probably what My Fucking Father thought I would be able to get if I just went and asked for them. I admit this is a stalling tactic. He's going to have to do some work to get these records because of guardianship issues, plus it's going to take some time to get them. Who knows, maybe they'll lose this spot too.

Oh, who am I fucking kidding? They're hellbent on throwing Grandmother out on her ass, whether or not I help them, stall like fucking crazy, or do nothing. It's gonna happen. I am sad, I am very angry, and there ain't a goddamn thing I can do about it.

Sad, sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment