Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What Was Said Over My Birthday Dinner Sunday

"They said 'x' amount, I said 'x+y' amount, they said no. If they wanted me so much, adding 'y' wouldn't be such a big deal." - Mother (negotiating a salary to remain an employee of the company she sold The Store's client list to ... I'm sorry but I forgot the exact amounts they were negotiating)

"He's my agent!" - Mother (referring to Father negotiating for her, which, it must be said, is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard of because Father has the social skills of a fruit bat)

"So what are you going to do now?" - Brother (to Mother)

"Live my life!" - Mother (in response)

"We still need to buy a washer, dryer ..." - Father (talking about their condo in Vegas)

"We still need to sell everything, sell the property. We're asking the restaurants to come and get our stuff." - Mother

"We wouldn't let him through our front gate. He has to go through the back. He got really mad. But he wasn't nice." - Mother (I don't know who she's talking about -- the company next door?)

"Another month." - Father

It'll break my heart, but I have to see The Store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment