Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Store Is Getting Beaten Down

Father told me over dinner tonight that the cracks for The Store's ceiling, emanating from that big chunk that fell to the floor Sunday, was getting so bad that he himself decided to break off even more big chunks of the ceiling.  Otherwise, he says, the water that has warped that would weaken it to the point that it'd fall anyway.

He showed me a picture of it.  A huge, I mean huge, part of the exterior layer of the ceiling was torn down, leaving the dark brown base wood.  And there are huge beams of neon lights that go from one end of the aisle to the other, so when Father tore of the ceiling around some of those beams, he had no choice but to bring down the neon lights too.

Yeah, I guess The Store won't be reopening.  But damn, I wish something could be done for her, and cheaply enough, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment