Thursday, June 13, 2013

Feeling Suddenly Unsafe

And now we know: After abruptly switching to a couple of questions that are a breeze to grade, we were told that tomorrow is our last day, and in fact we probably won't be there through lunch.

That sucks in many ways, the most obvious of which is I can no longer make money.  But as I've said before, having periods of work followed by periods of free time is the best of both worlds, as I can make money and then have the time to do what I need to do.  I've got almost two days to do the following:

  • Buy a solid-state drive for my laptop;
  • Try and un-cancel the U. research study that's scheduled for 2 in the afternoon; I'll do this after I hopefully buy this SSD for my laptop;
  • Work out;
  • Work on more articles for the website and TUSCL;
  • Polish my résumé;
  • Figure out what to do while my parents are gone;
  • Fill out the correction to my tax forms;
  • Clean out the bag I took to Kansas City;
  • Maybe set up an appointment to get this boil on my ass removed;
  • And, oh yeah, sleep.
What I have to worry about next is whether or not I was picked for one of the next scoring projects.  In what would be a fantastic bit of luck if I am selected, these two projects start a week from Monday.  That's great for two reasons: Not only does my free week inbetween jobs coincide with my parents' cruise, which means I can rock out with my cock out, but Monday begins what appears to be a very invasive construction project along the highway that I take to get to work.  The website does say it lasts through November, so if I do snag a project I still might get stuck of this project a week from Monday.  But if it lasts only a week, I have dodged a huge bullet.  Regardless I have a week free of traffic suffering and stress.

First things first, however.  Now to make sure I have a job. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment