Sunday, June 23, 2013

Another Staycation Of Not Doing What I Needed To Do

Bagging Entertainment Weeklys?  Nope.  Going through my papers?  Nuh-uh.  Correcting this year's tax return?  I remembered I wanted to do that just now.

Yet another week/opportunity while my parents were gone where I failed to do all the things I wanted to do. And unlike the last time they went on a cruise, this was worse because I had no job this week that took up my time.  I was totally free, save for the MRI session I picked up Thursday.  I had all the time to do what I wanted to do, and again, I didn't.

Where did all the time go?  Well, Monday afternoon I had that doctor's appointment ... I went out stripclubbing and movie-watching Tuesday ... I probably would have been on the Internet if not for the NBA Finals games Tuesday and Thursday ... as well as the Stanley Cup Finals games Wednesday and last (Saturday) night ... and I had this alumni club thing to go do this afternoon.  There's always tomorrow, but that day is for cleaning up around the house and putting stuff back where they were before they left.

OK, so I got all the excuses out of the way ... maybe it was that Wednesday, my Do Nothing Day.  Maybe I should have done something.  Otherwise, the rest of my time was spent dinking around the Internet and sleeping.  The former I will do regardless.  The latter ... you know, I remember when I was young and I had boundless energy.  I would come home from, say, the strip club and I would hop back on the computer.  Nowadays I would immediately fall into bed.  With the cats (my parents) away I would make hay while the sun's shining.  Now I don't care, and sleep is the things I lust for the most.

One other thing: Cleaning up The Store has dominated the past 48 hours.  If there were no leaks, or no rain as we have had, it would not have been necessary for me to go.  That might have freed up some time.  Tomorrow (Sunday, which technically is today) would have been a day for me to largely take it easy at home.  Instead I'm looking at going back to The Store, maybe twice, to clean up from all the rain that has fallen and might fall between now and sun up.  Plus I have to clear some of the debris that fell here from Friday night's storm.

And then my folks will be home.  Fuck my life.  They need to take a two-week vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment