Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Now I'm Worried That The Car Isn't Starting Right, Again

The past couple days the car has taken longer to start than normal.  Again.  And I sniff more gas fumes coming through the vent.  Again.  Same shit from the fall.

The third symptom that something is very, very wrong is a bad loss of gas mileage.  Around Monday, when the bad starts popped up again, I noticed that my gas gauge went from 1/4 full to empty, even though I drove only 20 miles (to the U. and back).  I was below the slash Tuesday morning, but I hadn't even driven it 320 miles, about the benchmark of how long I could go in my car on a tank of gas.  It was white-knuckle in my car all day yesterday, and I think it may have stalled a couple times on stoplights, but I made it to the gas station.

To my surprise, the gas stopped at just below 17 gallons -- not close enough to the 20 miles/gallon I'm used to -- it reached 19 1/2 -- but I thought it was well below that.  Huge loss of gas mileage was the surest sign something was going on with my car.  Maybe that wasn't the case.  And the car ignited just like that when after I filled it up.  It does that anyway, but when the damper and o-ring were broken, my engine would not start up like that.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

On the other hand, this morning the ignition took a little too long for my liking.  I'm now afraid of how long it's going to take once I leave the library after a seven-hour "workday."

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment