Saturday, August 3, 2013

Expenses Without Receipts

Since Friday, August 2:
  • Caribou ... took their deal of oatmeal with coffee.  Forgot to pick up some money before going, so I charged it.  Had enough money for a tip though: 25 cents.
  • Then caught the tail end of the first round of the 3M Championship being played at the TPC Twin Cities about ten minutes away from me.  Goose Island -- is that a craft beer from Chicago, or a craft beer-sounding conglomerate beer?  Anyway, I've heard of it and never have tried it, so I did while walking the grounds and watching the golfers.  With tip: $7.
  • Wednesday the July 31 -- I started my day at another Caribou, the one closest to me.  Have I referred to this place by name before?  Coffee only, but with tip: $2.
  • On Tuesday, July 30 I took in two movies for the second time in three weeks.  First one was The Lone Ranger -- not as bad as people say, but it was kind of slow.  Plus, I never thought that the end scene playing over the credits could have a disproportionate influence on how I feel about it, but it did.  Specifically, that scene basically made me think Johnny Depp, an executive producer of the film and the actor who plays Tonto, wanted to make this a screed about the historic injustice The White Man inflicted upon Native Americans.  True, very true -- but that does not make it a good movie.  Grade: B-.  The second film was supposed to be The Heat, but the sound card busted on the screen, so I had to pick another flick.  Fortunately, not only did they not charge me for that film, Pacific Rim, but in fact they gave me a refund for The Heat!  These guys are good.  By the way, PacRim was pretty good.  The narration at the beginning -- in fact much of the beginning -- was slow, but once they got past explaining the world the film was in, it was pretty good.  Grade: B.  And the cost of a Tuesday popcorn and pop, plus admission for only one film because I got a refund for the other: $9.25.
  • On Monday the 29th I went to the library to work on ... naw, just to screw around and blog on WAF.  Took advantage of this library's cafe, which hosts a Happy Hour: A buck off all large drinks.  Large coffee with tip: $1.25.
  • Driving to the library I remembered most of the roads there are under construction.  That means that if I wanted to get home at a decent time I would have to leave earlier in the afternoon in order to beat the traffic, or at least sit in traffic in order to get home in time.  I then figured that since I woke up late (long story, I might touch on that in my next blog post) it would behoove me to go home late.  That meant I had some time before I had to go home ... which made me think it was a good time to visit my junior year prom date at the cemetery.  Have I ever written about this?  Anyway, I did, and it was good that I was able to fit that in because I didn't feel rushed to get home.  As I always do I stop by the flower shop to cobble together a couple flowers together for her.  Nothing expensive, just: $2.95.
  • Sunday, July 28 ... Went to Nomad World Pub because 1) I had nothing else to do and 2) the Gold Cup Final between the United States and Panama was on.  I wouldn't normally go to something like this because I don't think it's as important as a World Cup match, a Woman's World Cup match, or maybe even the Champions League Final.  But I went to enjoy myself, and indulged in a Fulton and a foot-long corn dog from Mr. Mustachios.  With tips: $12.50.
  • Saturday the 27th ... day ended with a large mocha at Caffetto.  Can't really afford a large mocha after I dropped so much money to get the hood of my car fixed, but I often do after spending a lot of money I didn't want to spend, I just say "fuck it" and spend money because I goddamn want to.  With tip: $4.75.
  • Father wanted me to buy tickets for him.  He paid me back, but he gave me twenty bucks instead of fifteen, which was the total cost of the tickets.  Mother then chimed in and said that a part of it was for the chicken I bought for dinner Monday.  OK.  An Infusion of: $20.
  • ETA to add that I definitely remember getting a dance from a chick named Danielle, I just didn't know when.  After some deduction I'm pretty sure I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) on July 27.  So tips, coffee and lapdance: $31.
  • Friday, July 26 was the day I picked up my car from the auto body shop.  In case I misplaced the withdrawal receipt when I had to go to the bank to get money to pay for these guys -- would they accept chickens instead?  I should have asked the guy that -- I need to note that, just in case, I took out a little extra beyond what I had to give the guy ... an Infusion of: $50.
  • Thursday the 25th: Spent the first day in non-car limbo going all the way to the Mall of America via bus and light rail, a round-trip total of: $3.50.
  • Funny though: I didn't really go to the Megamall.  In fact, this may have been the first time I went to one and only place at MOA before directly going back down to the transit center: Hooters.  Still have that Mug Club Membership I have to use before it's done.  With tip: $18.
  • Wednesday the 24th was the day I dropped off the car.  I then went to the coffeeshop next door to bide my time till I had to walk over to the experiment at the U.  What did I get?  Medium coffee, I think?  Damn, have to write these expenses down.  Hell, I've been to this place so often you'd think I'd remember.  With tip, and this is an educated guess, which is much better than the shots in the dark I sometimes take: $2.25.
  • Then I took the bus home.  Good thing the experiment finished in time to reach the bus before it went to rush hour rates: $1.75.
  • Tuesday the 23rd ... after coming back from the tube experiment at the U., I raced over to the theater to watch World War Z.  Kind of slow, and the "key" to solving the zombie outbreak seemed a bit easy and pat.  Nice scene on the plane, however.  Grade: B-.  Ticket, popcorn and pop: $9.25.
  • So Monday, July 22 was the day the hood of my car popped open ... spent most of my day at the cafe next door while they worked on it.  I was able to nurse one small cup of coffee, I think, for five hours.  With tip: $2.27.
  • Back to Saturday the 20th: Took advantage of a sale at a haircut place.  I thought, however, that it was company-wide when it was only a sale given by one franchise.  First time I've ever seen that.  Mother warned me that the sale was going on only at that one place close to home.  Have a receipt for the haircut, but not for the tip: $2.
  • On may way back I had to stop at the grocery store to buy lotto tickets for Father.  He paid me back once I got home, an Infusion of: $15.
  • To Friday, July 19th, where, after that abbreviated experiment, I consoled myself with Happy Hour from Dairy Queen.  Hmmm, chocolate shake: $1.61.
  • Wednesday the 17th, I started my day eating at McDonald's.  I ordered twice, like I do in White Castle, because ordering too much food all at once will leave the food I leave later cold.  So I first ordered hash browns and orange juice, and after I got done with that I ordered oatmeal.  Unfortunately I cannot find the receipt for the oatmeal.  I forgot, however I am eating at Mickey D's because of the Monopoly game running for the next couple weeks.  I went to McD's this past Wednesday just so I could order oatmeal in order to find out how much I paid.  And I paid: $2.13.
  • I then had coffee at the library.  Happy Hour special, with tip: $1.25.
  • Finally, I went to Dairy Queen and treated myself to a DQ Sandwich on that hot day: $1.07.
  • On Tuesday, July 16th I did my first movie double bill for the first time in ages.  I think it was when I just out of college, moved back home, and went down to the Mall of America to see two.  One of those was The Shadow, staring Alec Baldwin.  Anyway, the first movie I saw was White House Down, which I had high hopes before because I thought there was going to be a lot of chemistry between Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx.  But there wasn't.  It was downright serious at times -- what the fuck?!  I really thought it would be more madcap than the straight-up shoot-'em-up that it turned out to be.  Sad.  Grade: B-.  I then watched This Is The End for a nightcap.  It's based on a short story, and I can see how they tacked on scenes in order to flesh this out to movie length.  It doesn't hang together, and there was just too many weed references.  But it was often funny.  Best part was the scene where James Franco confronted Danny McBride about ejaculating all over Franco's copy of Penthouse.  Grade: B.  I accrued enough points by buying two tickets that I earned a free pop.  After going through the pros and cons of waiting to use the coupon for a day other than Tuesday, when prices for the food and drink would be higher and I would get a bigger bang for my (non-) buck, I decided I wouldn't pay regular price for popcorn just so I could make a special trip on a different day of the week.  So, two tickets, stimulus-priced popcorn and free pop equal: $12.50.
  • I had some time to kill; got done with both movies by 3:30.  I hung out at the mall closest to me and took advantage of the mall Dairy Queen's Happy Hour.  Hmmm, chocolate malt: $1.61.
  • Monday the 15th ... my day started off with the first of two experiments at the University of Minnesota, at the business school in the West Bank.  For 25 minutes (less than that, in fact) I got a payment/Infusion of: $6.
  • Then I went to the coffeeshop that went from the mall closest to me to the U.  And goddammit, I forgot how much money I paid for a waffle and coffee.  Shit!  OK, I'll just think up an amount, which includes tip: $5.75.
  • I then walked back to the outskirts of campus, specifically to the place where all my MRI experiments are done, to do an experiment that has nothing to do with going into a tube.  For less than a half-hour of time I got income/Infusion of: $20.
  • Did I not do anything after this?  I had to.  I was done well before 3 and I couldn't have gone home till 5 at least.  I'm just going to fucking say that I got DQ Happy Hour.  Fuck, I have to keep track of this better: $1.61.
  • Saturday the 13th: EWR of going to work out: $3.
  • I then treated myself to what I think is a small hot fudge sundae (?) at DQ: $2.45.
  • Friday, July 12th was the day I brought my car to get that power steering pressure hose replaced.  I bade my time by first hanging out at the cafĂ© next door.  Oatmeal, coffee and tip: $5.50.
  • I then went to have pizza for lunch.  First time in a long time the I only got free water to go along with my food.  It was just too expensive!  With tip: $7.75.
  • The car still wasn't done, so I ate some more.  Cupcake, which has a shingle at the Mall of America (and where I've eaten a couple cupcakes) has its original store about a third of a mile east of the car repair shop.  Decided to stop in for a cupcake and milk.  With tip: $4.75.
  • I ... don't remember why I wanted to, but that evening I just wanted to go.  It was only down to Dairy Queen (there's one in the mall closest to me, but there's another one within walking distance), I wanted to go down there by foot, but for some stupid fucking reason My Fucking Father didn't want me to do that.  So stupid.  So I took the car ... and I took the car to My Favorite Stripclub instead, where I had coffee and threw down some tips and even got a dance from ****e*, who, by the way, I had a texting conversation with Friday in the possibly subliminal hopes I could get sumpin'-sumpin' from here.  Didn't work; she needed to drop her car off at the shop, I asked if she needed a ride, and she never texted me back.  Total for the nudie bar: $29.
  • I then went to DQ, just because I wanted something cold.  Got a Blizzard in a larger-than-small size: $3.74.
Everything else before then till the last time I did this was when I actually had work and had no time to spend money.  Therefore, thank Buddha, I am done through the 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment