Saturday, August 17, 2013

Some Of The Litany Of Things Wrong With My Car:


  1. I'm writing this because I opened up the vent while heading to the gym and, once again, after a brief respite, I am smelling as fumes through it something fierce.  It definitely is there.  This was one of three symptoms that forced me to have the damper and an O-ring replaced, but as of right now the gas fumes are the only sign that something wrong is back.  The other two signs were the loss of gas mileage, which I am kind of worried about although it's not that bad (yet), and the inability to start up when it should, which was a problem but hasn't been since I brought it into The Mechanic Around The Corner.  By the way, I have never smelled the gas fumes when I pick internal circulation; I only smell those goddamn fumes on external.
  2. I might be paranoid, but the vibration and hesitation and lack of vibration got worse today.  I keep remembering what The Mechanic Around The Corner said about the motor mounts, and I just seize upon that because it confirms what I thought it was -- "Oh, I was right, it is the motor mounts!"  And being right then gives way to, "Shit, how much will this cost me."  And then I remember that The Mechanic Around The Corner said don't replace it, at least not now ... um, I think that's what he said.  I guess I can go with that.  Hey, if he says it's drivable for now, it's driveable for now.  That gives me time to try and make the money that I will need to eventually get the mounts fixed.  But shit, I swear it's starting to shake even worse.
  3. Oh yeah ... when I got the car from the auto body shop (and BTW, after going through my finances, the $900 repair bill was a killer; if I didn't have to spend that money, I would be in much better shape now) I noticed this cut mark on my driver's-side window.  It was outlined in what looked to be dust.  I hoped it would have gone away once I put it through a wash.  But when I finally did that on Tuesday, the mark was still there.  Goddammit, those guys were careless and scraped my window with ... oh, one of their machines.  I don't think this affects the safety of my car, but every time I look to my left -- and I will do that a lot -- I'll see that fucking mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment