Sunday, January 26, 2014

Why Did I Lie?

I just panicked.  I wanted to get around to tabulating that, but I got lazy and so I never did, and now that it's been months I don't really know the answer.  But I should have.  I should have been prepared, but I wasn't.  And I should have known he was going to ask me, but I didn't.  Wouldn't've mattered if he blindsided if I had the numbers, but I didn't.

So I pulled it out of my ass.  And the amount is wrong, wildly wrong, at least twice as much as it actually is.  Why?  Why did I say that?  I don't know, I really don't.  I guess I was already not doing a good job, he was asking questions he should be asking, I already felt under the gun, and he deked me out with another question I couldn't handle.  So I lied.

The question now becomes: How do I get out of this?  I can't continue to lie this guy.  Then again, I think he already has a low image of me; confessing will make that even lower, and I don't need that.  Maybe it was a mistake.  Yeah, I should say that.  Or maybe I can lie.

What is fucking wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment