Tuesday, January 21, 2014

He Cracks The Whip (Scheduled Post)

So I'm now scanning, while I'm waiting to get my postings to do.  Or there are no more postings to do and there's just scanning left to do.  Regardless, what I'm saying is is that what my supervisor said about us being all done by the time February rolls around should be on track.

Not saying I'm cooperating by picking up my productivity.  Last week or the week before my boss sat us all down and broke down The End Of The Project.  I was told that his higher-ups wanted us to step up our work.  I'm trying ... OK, I'm not really trying.  But with a huge check to which I needed to post, I made one mistake which meant the numbers didn't balance, and so I had to sift through a bunch of names to find the one (and the amount) I missed.  And with scanning I have to remove the staples out of all the claims.  If all of the claims in a packet are stapled, well, I have to take some time to remove them all, don't I?

That happened with many of the packets I did Monday, and when my boss' boss talked to me about where I was at project-wise, I told him so, and I told him that we had several boxes left to do.  And as has been his wont, he got a little antsy, a little dictatorial.  He told the woman who was meeting with us, the one who gives me these postings to do, that these boxes need to be scanned ASAP, so another person Tuesday will be given the sole task of removing staples so I can shove them into the scanner faster.  In the meantime I will be back to posting in the morning (this woman is coming in the afternoon), assuming the woman I work for/with will have something for me to post.  I just hope there's more stuff for me to do, for a while.

I'm getting the feeling from my boss's boss that he is itching to end this project and move us on out of here.  I am in no rush to leave.  I'm happy here, and I will make no secret it's because I'm getting paid.  Please allow me to make more money!

No comments:

Post a Comment