Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Wasted Time Going To The Same Fucking Place Two Days In A Row (Scheduled Post)

OK, so if money isn't seeping through my checking account fast enough now, last week I was reminded that my semi-annual storage room payment is due.  I need it, but I always forget that I need to pay until it comes through the mail.  Plus, my parents got the mail the day that bill came.  They asked me once before if I bought a storage unit and I said no.  I think I'll be able to lie and say that I got it over the holidays while they were gone because, well, they wouldn't let me keep my shit here.

So I need to pay by the end of the month.  Well, I know that if I don't pay by Friday, February 28, it's not as if they're going to through all my shit out of the unit the next morning.  Nevertheless, I decided to drop by the storage unit to just get it out of the way Sunday before going to the gym ...

... only to see that the office is closed on Sundays.  Well, shit, I just wasted gas going up there when I could have gone directly to the gym.

Today I decided to chain together a bunch of things I need to do: Get chicken for dinner (Mother texted me that just after I got off of work), get a haircut (which I thought about doing Sunday), and drop off a plastic food container and a book of my sister's wedding to my aunt and uncle.  Sunday night I started to map out my post-work drive to hit all the places, including finding the closest barbershop ('scuse me ... salon) to the storage unit so I could drive there, pay for the next six months, get my hair cut, go to the grocery store to buy the chicken, drop off the stuff at my aunt and uncle's place, and get home at a time that still seemed appropriate for dinner (and with chicken that was still hot).

The roads are still bad.  Some lengths are still just coated in ice, others have small tracks of pavement by virtue of car after car cowardly following the same lines of the car before them, creating ruts which turn your vehicle into a white noise machine if you don't drive in the groove.  And fuck, I hope someone has told the city of the big-ass pothole near the train track.  But eventually, after just over a half-hour, I got to the storage place so I could finally pay six month's rent ...

... only to see that the office closed on Mondays.  I saw the sign just outside of the automatic gate Sunday: "Office Hours Tue-Sat blah-blah-blah, Closed Sun/Mon."  Well, fuck me twice.  I just wasted even more gas when I could've gotten my hair cut at a place closer to home and came home probably 30 minutes earlier.  And it's not a good time to waste gas money now that the price of a gallon has rocketed up 35, 40 cents since I came home from St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment