Thursday, February 27, 2014

This Polar Vortex Can Kiss My Ass

All winter, and now it's been a long one (almost as long as last year's) has been cold cold cold cold snow! cold cold cold cold snow!  And it's been awful now that last week's 8-9" snowstorm was followed up by a cold front so quickly that all the slush that reached the pavement has iced over.  The roads are still very bad; I'm sliding whenever I'm not being jerked around by the ruts.

Just got into my car to start it.  The door shuts tightly, as it does whenever it's this freezing.  I've been getting to work later and later because I've been getting out of bed later and later because it's been so goddamn cold outside I don't want to go outside.  Today I was dreading it too, but I'll say that it doesn't feel worse than any of our worst days this winter.  The lack of wind helps.

Then again, I'm writing this when I should be driving to work.  I'm late because I'm blogging now.  Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment