Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm On Vacation ... And I'm Bored?

That feeling hit me when I woke up at 8:30 this morning to the sound of pounding feet from the ceiling.. I thought about finally balancing my checkbook at St. Louis' all-night coffeeshop, but I was too tired.  So that I woke up early kind of irked me.

I then was thinking while in bed33 (naked) trying to sleep about what I was going to do.  And although I decided to hit this barbecue place I planned on going to when I prepared this trip, a part of me wasn't looking forward to it.  That's when I realized something kind of frightening: Have I run out of things to do?

A lot of things have contributed to this feeling.  Working full-time prevented me from looking up things to do.  (I realized when I dropped my bag on the room's desk that I had no either brought or got an AAA guide for Missouri.).  I probably thought that I could wing it, mostly because most of my time down here will consist of hanky-panky at strip clubs.  But as I have finally been able to think about how my weekend will go, I realized that everything I'll do costs money.  No shit, but going to strip clubs and sporting events costs a lot of money.

What I also am planning to do is eat at a lot of places.  Some more expensive than others, but I'm spending money either way.  Vacationing means eating out a lot.  There's no way I'm going to lose weight down here, especially since it's just about as cold here as it is in Minneapolis.  Hey ... Many times walking outside I'm thinking, "Fuck, this is cold!"  And that is an inducement to just stay in my hotel.

Well, if I have the energy, I'm going to this recommended art show, then to the best restaurant in the city tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment