Thursday, February 13, 2014

Well, At Least The Car's Not Shaking

The oil level light comes on from time to time, as it has for years.  The Check Engine light now comes on from time to time.  (By the way, I brought it into The Mechanic Around The Corner, who, after more than a half-hour, said it was a Knock Sensor Code, and that it's driveable so long as the Check Engine light doesn't come on and stay on, which it hasn't.)  It's very slow to accelerate on the really cold days this winter.  And whenever I turn the heat on I have to make sure to switch the air flow from external to internal because if I don't, I smell gas fumes.

But hey, you know what?  I haven't felt those violent shakes as my car idles like it did last winter.  Realized some time through this harsh winter that I haven't felt those yet, at all.  Guess just waiting it out a season will make it go away.  I have other issues to deal with, so I can't be overjoyed as if I'm free from all trouble.  But I have to recognize that something that was giving me a huge problem isn't there anymore ... at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment