Monday, February 3, 2014

Marking Time, Staying Busy

Weird day.  I had two big, important things to do at work, and one semi-important thing to do at work, which I initiated because I had nothing else to do.

The rest of the day was spent taping up folders.  Not necessary, at all.  But it was something to do.  Hell, I kind of think I was doing the bosses a favor.  I made myself busy instead of nagging them all the time asking, "Hey, do you have anything else I can do?"  Besides, all that walking between the archives and the copy room is doing a lot to burn calories.  The family had Chinese New Year's dinner on Saturday and my sister-in-law said that I looked thinner.  I consider that a compliment, although the reason behind my weight loss my be this nutrition experiment where I had to measure exactly how much food I'm eating.

I have something important to do tomorrow, which is good.  Otherwise, I am back at the files.  Good thing that I think I have enough boxes to tape up torn folders through Wednesday, which might be necessary because the only other temp working there now (one was let go Friday, the same day as my former boss) leaves tomorrow.  What will I do then?  Fuck if I know.  I'm just trying to make money for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment