Friday, February 21, 2014

USA Women's Hockey Chokes At The Olympics

I skipped my lunchtime nap for that bullshit.

So this project I was talking about on the blog post before last?  Well, we got down to the brass tacks and made a huge push to get it done in the afternoon.  This push meant I had to take off my satellite radio and relay numbers to the person I was with, so I didn't hear the women's hockey gold medal game after the U.S. went up 1-0.

I don't know how long finishing took, but by the time I got done and put my headphones back on, they were going to overtime.  Well, at that point I had to know how it was going to end, so I went to the place across the street and charge a bowl of mushroom curry wild rice (not bad) to my credit card so I could hang out and listen.

And goddamn if I learned that the Americans were up 2-0 late in the third period before choking away the lead with two goals in 3 1/2 minutes.  And then this Marie-Ellen or whatever Canadian bitch, the same cunt who tied the game, won the game in OT.

Fuck this.  I don't care if this pisses people off: What the United States women's hockey team did was nothing less than a goddamn choke job.  And I don't care if they're women who have no professional hockey opportunities beyond this.  Being accepted as equal to men in sports means that I get to say that you suck.  And you do.  All of you.  Hard.

What a fucking joke.  I am so goddamn disgusted with them right now. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment