Monday, February 24, 2014

Shampoo? No Shampoo?

So I went to get my hair cut this evening before buying chicken to bring home for dinner and the girl asks me if I wanted her to wash my hair.

First I thought what I always thought about this: No thanks, as soon as I get home I'll just hop in the shower, so that won't be necessary.

But then I remembered my day (maybe I'll blog about it soon) and I thought that there might be an occasion where shampooing at the barbershop ('scuse me ... the salon) would be a good idea, namely when I can't go home and I have to rush off for something that evening.  Such as, for example, seeing a movie with a friend who got us tickets, like he did tomorrow night for Non-Stop, the latest from Liam Neeson, Hollywood's Most Unlikely Action Hero.  And you know, I don't have to pick up my friend until 6:30 or so.  I could have -- maybe should have -- gotten my hair cut tomorrow because I had time to kill, and with the shampoo job I didn't have to worry about scratching the back of my neck every 30 seconds during the movie.

But then I thought, Hey, way a second ... I don't think I remember the last time someone volunteered to give me a shampoo.  Maybe I would get it, maybe even do so on the regular, if it were regularly offered.  And if I am not regularly offered, well, why the hell aren't I?  Isn't that something that's just given?

Or, maybe I've been offered a shampoo before I go every single time and I've dismissed it because I opt to do it myself once I get home.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment