Monday, February 24, 2014

Hit A Car

I really don't want to talk about it because I'm confessing a crime.  I ... I just didn't want to back up.  I thought I parked with enough space in front of me.  Plus I woke up early this morning, I didn't take a nap before I went out exercising, the winter and the shitty roads got to me, I thought I was going to the wrong address to go to this art show whose final day was Sunday, and finally there was a bus stalled on the street I wanted to turn into.

I go to the house, see that it's a house with no markings saying that it is a house, hear a dog barking from the inside, then back away.  I don't know what's going on, but that isn't a place I think I should be buzzing.  So I go back to my car and immediately head out ... and I hit the car ahead of me, passenger-side front bumper to its driver's-side rear bumper.  I then had a chance to reverse the car but ... I don't know, I thought at the time I didn't really bump it, that I just imagined it, and even if I did, it wouldn't be that bad.  At this point, though, I probably panicked and thought that if I reversed, someone would catch me.  So I gunned it, and sure enough, I pushed the car ahead of me even further.

I drove around to what the other address of this art gallery could be before stopping to take a look at the bumper.  Obviously I was hoping it wasn't going to be bed, but, of course, it was: Two scrape marks, fairly long, on the corner of my bumper.

You know, I could blame the weather or my fatigue or anything, but the bottom line is I wanted to get out of that spot right away, and I didn't even want to spend the time to back up.  And now I will, because I'll be reminded of the fucking hundreds of dollars I now have to spend at the auto body shop whenever I try to do this again.

And all because I decided I didn't want to back up.  I'm an asshole as well as a felon ... oh yeah, I totally buried the fact that I ran away!!!  I so am a goddamn felon!

---

By the way, the address I went to was the wrong fucking address.  I should have been three blocks north.  I don't know how or why I got the address wrong, but I shouldn't have even been in that fucking area.

No comments:

Post a Comment