Sunday, April 19, 2015

Back On The Dole, Back To Hiding

My boss' announcement surprised me, although he gave intimations earlier in the week.  This test scoring place has never, in my employment with them, grossly overestimated the length of time we would be on a project.  But on Wednesday he gave indications that we were making very good time in getting this job done.  And then, on Friday, in the middle of a pretty shitty day, he dropped the bomb: It looks like we will be done on Monday.

That is earlier than even my basest estimation on when we'd be done, by a day.  At first that really burned me, but then I realized I had done the math wrong.  If we began on Wednesday and we were given until this Friday to get done, that would be eight working days.  Divide that by two and that's only four days, and four days takes us to ... 1, 2, 3, the weekend, 4 ... Monday, not Tuesday.  So, in that sense, I kind of get that -- although, I will have to repeat, this wild inaccuracy when it comes to working is something I have come to expect from the other test scoring place I work at.

So, this week I will be working on Monday and then will have idle hands for the rest of the week ... although on Wednesday I go back to the other test scoring place and begin the night project.  So I have a multitude of things I need to work on.  First of all, I need to set up an itinerary for the rest of the week.  I have asked one of my new ATFs, ***a*, for some sexy time this week, which will be the second time in as many weeks I've come over to her place and slept with her.  Therefore, my schedule right now looks like this:
  • Tuesday: Coffee, movie (if I'm being given another Tuesday off, I finally have to go to a movie on Discount Tuesday), maybe work out
  • Wednesday: Coffee, see ***a*, go to the first test scoring place to get my creamer, then go to the other test scoring place to begin work
  • Thursday: Starbucks, the shrink, Hooters MOA, library, work
  • Friday: Hopefully get my wing extensions put in my insoles, maybe go to the museum and catch the Hapsburg show at MIA, then work
In the meantime I'll have to get money from the state for being thrown back onto unemployment for this week next week.  But my parents are going to get really suspicious.  See, I have to report when I had a full week of work.  The state then sends a letter to me saying that I am ineligible for unemployment money that week.  I hate that the state does that because my parents get the mail and they'll see that, despite my best efforts.  The last time I was on the dole was after a few weeks of being on a test scoring project, and that means I have to report wages every single week ... which means that the state sends me a letter for each of those weeks.  One day the state sent all of them to our house on the same day, and my parents got them and threw them on my bed.

I have no idea if they have added two and two together, but they must have.  They just haven't hammered me on it, at least not yet.  But when I report that I made too much money last week, thereby triggering a "no money" letter, might raise even more suspicions, according to my parents.  And maybe, possibly, working nights for at least the next week-and-a-half may be the last straw.

I need the unemployment checks, but I don't know how to hide what I'm really doing from them.  Oh well, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment