Saturday, April 25, 2015

Glutton For Punishment

So when I came into work last night for the test scoring project the guy said it was true: There will be overtime.  In fact the hours for OT, which is today, has been extended.  I thought they would be limited to only six hours, but at least for today, you can put in a full eight hours.

And that is what I plan to do.  I would rather not.  I would rather go down to Brit's Pub and spend a couple hours watching a soccer match.  But there is an opportunity for me to make money, and I am in no position to just pass up money.  I rule I go by is that I do the thing that won't come back again.  And there really is nothing better for me to do today than to work.

Now there is the MNRG bout tonight, so I have about two hours to relax, take a nap, shower and eat dinner before enjoying my night.  In that sense, I have made a busy day in busier.  But again, hey, it's work.

I wonder if I would be so gung ho about going to work if I didn't grow up with my parents going to work before I head off to school and seeing them come back from work after we came home from school.  That (for lack of a better word) industriousness may have been instilled in me, or I just grew up around it.  Either way, I'm doing it.  Hope I don't go crazy trying to read these kids' writing for eight hours today.

No comments:

Post a Comment