Friday, August 14, 2015

Addendum To: I Am Expecting The Worst

So I didn't meet with this advisor/adviser after all.  Turns out that the e-mail I got wasn't really a confirmation; the secretary needed to get back with the professor I was to speak with to make absolutely sure she was free.  First she was, just an hour earlier than I was told.  Then, she was not free, period.

That sucks in one way.  I could have used some advice on how to proceed in starting this program.  Now, if I see her, it'll be the week when classes for the fall start.  In other words, too late.  So now I don't know what the hell I should do.  Guess I should just fucking take a class for the hell of it, see if I sink or swim.  Got nothing else to do.  Guess I could talk to the temp agency and tell them to find me work, but honestly, I don't feel like working right now.  So I wait until the fall.  Maybe I could bone up and read on my own, but nah, I probably won't, because that's boring.

Well, at least I am spared the anxiety of meeting with someone who might not like me, or whom I might not like.  And I was able to catch most of the Friday afternoon EPL game at Nomad.  Hot and humid weather aside, it was a stress-free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment