Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Best Nap In The Car I've Ever Had

Parked my car downtown this morning, from where I would walk to Brit's Pub to watch the English Premier League and then go to the Chipotle Cultivate festival.  But between those two events, the Absolut Bloody Mary I had at Brit's made me sleepy enough to at least attempt to sleep in my car.

I did not know how it was going to go.  It was warm and humid outside (or at least it was supposed to be), and those are the two killer conditions which would prevent me from sleeping without getting sweaty and bothered.  Also, I got out of Brit's at 11, and that's when the festival began.  I remember how crazy it got last year, with the long lines going everywhere.  I speculated that the best way to avoid those lines is to get there as soon as it began, and so I felt like I was going to hate myself when I decided to try and take a nap instead.   To my advantage, I managed to find a spot that was mostly cast in shadow, and it was only partly-to-mostly cloudy, so the sun wasn't out long enough to cook the interior of my car.  At the end of it all, I was tired, so I was going to go to sleep (which, by the way, is what I often do after drinking at the pubs for EPL games), and if I couldn't, I'd be frustrated and I go to Cultivate.

Well, guess what?  I got to my car a bit past 11, probably conked off shortly thereafter, and I got up at about ten till noon.  And honestly, not only did I wake up refreshed, I don't remember any of that rest.  That means I had a good nap.  I mean, like, a real good nap.  I've had good naps before.  For example, Brit's has a parking ramp, and sometimes I sneak in a quick cat nap after watching a match there, and because the ramp shields the sun and the hot weather, I lose consciousness and then wake up totally fine.  But this one ... man, I'm not sure if I've had a better nap in my car, or any car, ever.  I guess I'm chalking that up to me overcoming the adversities, namely the partly-to-mostly cloudy sun and the supposed humidity.  But damn, I felt really good, which was very important to not only persevere through but to also enjoy the food festival, which I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment