Monday, August 3, 2015

They're Nickel-And-Dimeing Me

So after the party I treated myself.  First, since I was in the area, I decided to cash in on the deal I made with LivingSocial and eat at this really nice restaurant at a "gentrifying" part of town.  Ate pork to my heart's delight, although I'm shitting the consequences virtually as we speak.  I then decompressed further by marching into My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) for the first time since that ripoff bitch/stripper/waitress lit into me.  I had a busy day, I was drunk and I didn't give a good goddamn about what she thought of me, so if she got pissed I wasn't going to tip to her satisfaction, well, she can go fuck herself.

But she wasn't there.  Instead I got the other stripper/waitress who a long time ago gave up on serving me coffee.  That's fine.  To prove that I'm not cheap, I took that other bitch's advice and went up to the bar and order a soft drink.  The bartender, who's been there a long time, got it for me, no problem.  I gave him five bucks for something that was $2.50, and I was totally going to give him a buck tip because hey, look at me, I'm not cheap!!!

But then I got $2.25 in change.  Wait ... the pop is now $2.75, and not $2.50.  They raised the price of it by a fucking quarter?!  You've got to be fucking kidding me.  It's just fucking pop.

You know what?  I think they're trying to push me out.  They are slowly raising prices, kind of like how you slowly raise the temperature of a boiling pot of water so that the lobster stays in the pot so you can kill it.  I don't know why you would want to do that to me, a perfect gentleman who has always followed the rules while at the bar.  I tip the strippers just fine; if not, they would have complained by now.  I just don't tip anybody else.  And that, apparently, is a problem.

You know what?  Many times I just waltz in, tip the strippers and leave without getting a drink.  No one complains.  Fuck it, I'm just going to do that from now on.  It'll save myself three bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment