Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Need Two Bars Of Soap

Oftentimes when I shower (I need to note that, despite the "contract" I signed, I haven't done that daily lately) I often have left the bar of soap right next to the sink, where I use to wash my hands.  And by the time I realize this I have to jump out of the shower to get it and put it right next to the bathtub.  And the sink isn't right next to me.  Oh, no, I have to put my food on the bath mat to reach over and grab the soap tray.  My foot therefore leaves a big, wet print on the mat that I can see, and it pisses me off.  It fades once I'm done with my shower, but I know that there is water there, slowly accumulating to the point where that mat will become a moldy, smelly mess.

I kind of fucked it up last night.  I once again forgot that I took the tray from off the tub and right next to the sink, so I stepped out of the shower.  But this time, I think I pulled the curtain out as I was coming out of the tub.

When I got back in the shower I looked at the mat.  There, there was a huge blotch of water that had seeped into the mat, and some droplets on the mat just waiting to be absorbed.  It looks as though I knocked the curtain out in such a way that the water coming out of the shower head landed on the curtain and flowed downward and out of the tub onto the mat.  I frantically took the mat, used it to push in the curtain so the mat would be above the tub while the water from the head continued to stay on the inside of the tub, and shook and wrung out the mat so I could get as much water out of it as I could.  I think I managed to shake off all the water that hadn't been sucked into the mat's fibers, but when I put it back down I still saw that huge blotch.

And when I finished my shower there was still a blotch that was obviously there.  And it was there when I left the bathroom.  And I could still see a somewhat faded but still apparent blotch later in the night.  And this morning, although it was faint, you could see it.  Usually, when I use the mat to step onto it when I'm done with the shower of course there's a print (that pisses me off too), but I don't see it in a few hours.  But you could make out the outline of this massive spill hours after it happened.  A lot of water seeped into the mat when I stepped out of the shower to retrieve the soap.  Therefore, I failed.

Now I have to find a day where I can put in this huge mat into the washer and dryer.  It's machine-safe, but how do you wash something as big and inflexible as that?  Will I ruin it if I do?  I mean, what if it folds in the washer; will it unfold?  And do I waste a bunch of water in order to clean it?  If not, what else would I put in with a dirty, stinky mat?  Won't the dirt and stink latch onto whatever else I throw into the mat?  Maybe I shouldn't clean the mat at all.  But then I'll just be stepping on a bunch of fungus every time I get out of the shower.

Man, all of this bullshit just because I forgot to bring the soap over to the bathtub.  Why don't I just fucking get a second bar of soap?

No comments:

Post a Comment