Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sorry I Didn't Want To Be Charitable!

So I went to Dairy Queen after working out today because it ties Friday for Hottest Day Of The Year, and I wanted to try out their new Rolo Blizzard.  (It was alright.)

DQ is in the middle of a charity drive -- you know, they ask you if you want to donate a dollar.  And sometimes they throw in a coupon as incentive: You give an extra buck, you can use this for, like, a buck off a Blizzard the next time you come in.  Or at least that's what I think the coupon was.  At any rate I do what I usually do, which is say no.  And the old woman who was taking my order didn't say "Thank you" after she gave me back my change.  I totally know it was because I rejected her offer to upcharge me.  I know this because the people before me did decide to be charged an extra buck and she said thanks to them.

Sorry that you think I'm an asshole.  Or do you get financial incentives for getting upcharges and I fucked up your plans?  Sheesh, it's not like I'm made out of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment