Saturday, August 15, 2015

Things I'm Slacking Off On (But Wait, A First!!!)

Never mind the alumni club stuff; I think I'll just wind everything I need up into one e-mail and then beg the group for forgiveness, saying it's been so hard for me with everything else I'm doing to figure out what I need to say.  You would think that with unemployment I would have oodles and oodles of time to do the things I couldn't do when I was gainfully employed.  But I haven't, and I won't for the foreseeable future.

I could work on those damn papers in storage, for example.  But after going through a small sliver of one, I don't plan on going back to my spot for a while.  I could also go back to writing.  There are a lot of things I could write; for example, this sports place that rejected me are looking for people to write previews, and I should write a strip club review because that'll give me a free month of viewings for the clubs of East St. Louis, where I'll be going next month.  (You know, that is something I should do, now that I think about it.)  If I'm such a good writer, I should be spending, like, 10,000 minutes writing.  But I won't be doing that.

What will I be doing?  Well, after doing this daily blog I'll be going downtown and enjoying a Bloody Mary while watching soccer.  I might take a nap in my car after that, I might not.  Then I might go to a coffeeshop to write, then exercise.  Or, I might get lunch at Kentucky Fried Chicken (and find inspiration to blog; more on that later, if I do go to KFC), then exercise.  Or I might go straight to exercising (I really think I've got a huge gut right now) and then write a strip club review.

Regardless of what I do, I won't be doing things I could and should be doing.  What did Calvin say?


Oh wow -- my first-ever image imbed on Wailing And Failing! This blog post in fact has not been a waste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment