Sunday, August 23, 2015

Unhygienic Me

I have noticed that I have fallen asleep so early in the evening so often lately that I have not brushed my teeth in at least a week ... maybe?  Look, I'll admit, I have never been the most consistent nor mindful person when it comes to brushing my teeth.  My parents nor Grandmother never emphasized it when I was young.  I remember I was given this paper health "sheet" from school where you are supposed to write down all the times you brush your teeth, take a bath, eat an apple, etc.  One night My Fucking Father was yelling at me for not brushing my teeth.  At the time I had this sheet in front of me, and the row of crosses for the days I was supposed to brush were very few and far between.

They still are, even though I have had warnings about it.  For example, the last time I went to the dentist I was warned that I have a cavity coming in.  (Have I blogged about this already?)  They said, however, there is a way to fight this: Brush regularly, concentrating in that area.  I have tried doing that; after all, I don't want to lose a tooth.  But I have fallen off the teeth-brushing wagon often, and this recent stretch certainly isn't helping.

Brushing my teeth often goes hand-in-hand with taking a shower.  And until last (Saturday) night, when I finally had time after I just gotten home, I don't think I took a shower for days, if not a week.  Back in the day, there were times where I would take only weekly showers.  I miss those days -- really, I do.  Less time wasted cleaning myself, eesh, and then I have to wait for my hair to dry, so I can't lie asleep ... God, I hate that.  But now I understand it's ultimately good for me.  Still, I reverted to my natural state this week: Unhygienic me.  I'll sacrifice it for sleep, though.  Every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment