Friday, July 1, 2016

Why Have I Been Eating So Much Since Yesterday?

Well, I ate at Caribou because it's my custom to do eat a cookie and drink a drink in mornings where I don't work.  Plus, there were running a June-long special where I could get a medium coffee for only $1.50.

I ate an apple because Mother packed it in my lunch for me.

I ate Davanni's because there was a coupon that expired that day (June 30) and I hadn't eaten there in a while, and I wanted to bring something to eat with me when watching the game at the Nomad.  Didn't think I wouldn't have the stomach to each a foot-long hoagie with breadsticks, though.  I had to order all of them because the coupon required a purchase of at least ten bucks.

I ate the sandwich Mother packed for me while watching the soccer match at the Nomad because, hey, she would get mad otherwise.

I ate soup for dinner because it was soup, and it was dinner.  I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I didn't have such a big late lunch while watching the game.

I ate cereal that evening because even though I wasn't hungry at all, I was thirsty as hell in the deceptively hot weather.  Anyone ever get that way?  I was.  Oh, and I also ate cereal because I felt the pressure of drinking the 2% milk Mother bought.

I had a cookie and coffee at Caffetto because I needed a break in my routine, plus I love just chillin' here at Caffetto.  (Didn't realize that the commute getting here would be so easy.  A lot of people are taking this day off and getting a head start on Independence Weekend.  I might hate going to Caffetto in mornings if traffic is its usual headache.)  Did I need the cookie?  No, but I usually get it at Caribou, so I got it here.  Did the coffee need to be a large?  No, but I've been here four hours and counting.

Why will I eat at a fast food restaurant?  Well, I need to eat something while I'm watching the soccer game at Nomad, don't I?

Why will I eat the apple and sandwich Mother packed for me?  Well, I can't just bring it home and say I didn't want to eat it, can I?

Can't I just eat that apple and sandwich instead of buying fast food while watching the match at Nomad?  Yes, of course.  That is ... totally the smartest thing I should do. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment