Saturday, July 30, 2016

With One Day To Go Before I Go ...

The people in Atlanta are great.  Haven't been mugged or carjacked yet (fingers crossed).  The layout of the city is so spread out it's ridiculous; Thursday afternoon it took me an hour to drive 22 miles  The humidity is also horrible, but even though people keep commenting on it, I thought this was normal weather down here.

The Internet in the libraries here are very slow.  I've been to two around the area I'm staying at.  Internet's slow in both, but the one closer to my hotel is in a physically run-down building.  The other one is the headquarters and that one looks nice.  Nevertheless, that the Internet in this county's libraries is slow is kind of shocking to me.

The strip club scene is intimidating; went to a notorious place called the Clermont Lounge and I cannot unsee what I saw there.  Wish I could get my rocks off, but really, I don't think I'll have a chance because all these places are so busy.  That helps me save money, though.

It's come to the point where I'm sad that I didn't choose to spend another day here.  There is so much I want to see, but my old usher friend lives here and we're going to spend lunch tomorrow together!  I'll have to make some decisions, but this also opens the door for me to come back to Atlanta again some time.

In the meantime I should get moving.  Just bought a ticket to tonight's Braves game, and even though it's 7 1/2 hours from the start, I feel as if I'm already behind because I woke up a bit past 10 today.  I want to eat at the Hard Rock and go to the College Football Hall of Fame, and I really don't know if I have time to do both and get to Turner Field without getting swallowed up in traffic and missing first pitch.  We'll see.

Gotta get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment