Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I Regret Two Things Right Now

The first regret involves footwear.  I knew rain (in fact severe storms) were in the forecast today.  This morning I put on my comfy moccasins instead of my Doc Martens.  I don't think I've ever worn my mocs out in the rain before, and I was afraid that they would get wet.  I don't know if it's made out of leather or pleather or something, but I'm sure that they wouldn't be the same if they got wet.

In the end, though, I wore those moccasins anyway.  I wanted my feet to be comfortable since I was going to this girl named *e***, who was going to blow me.  (Quick review: She didn't blow me; we didn't get that far; glad I can still respond to a girl's touch; she said licked my balls, though.)  And even though the rain held off for most of the day, after I left *e***'s place it started raining heavily, and it was pouring buckets as I got home.  After trying to wait it out for five minutes, I dashed through the rain to the front door, and I still got soaked.

And so did my shoes.  It didn't seep onto my socks or anything, but after looking at it a few times while it's drying, I can tell the water sapped those shoes of some of the latent moisture that was embedded in it.  It's starting to dry out, and that's because I made the decision to wear them out today.

---

The second regret involves dinner.  I had set up this encounter with *e*** yesterday, just as I was watching the 4th of July fireworks.  It was only going to be an hour (which I don't like; her half-sister would let me stay at her place for two hours and I would get to take a nap too), and it was going to be in the late afternoon, but she was broke and I wanted to get my rocks off, so I was eager to set something up.

This morning, as I was leaving, Mother asked me when I was coming home.  Because we were having steak.  Yeah, I forgot about that as soon as I left the house.

While exercising this afternoon, *e*** asked to push it back half an hour because she was running late.  No problem; I told Mother I'd be home at 5:30, but I immediately texted her saying it would be 6.  She was OK with that.

Again, the sexual activity was A-OK by me, but again, I left her house and got back to my house just as the brunt of the storm hit the area.  (It was bad.  I don't remember the last time I saw outside so dark and stormy and windy while I was driving through it.  But it was kind of cool in a way.  Felt totally safe in the car.)

When my waterlogged self burst through the front door my parents had already begun eating the salad.  When I saw the steak dishes, I felt like I had screwed over my parents.  If *e*** and I had stuck to our original time, I would have gotten back by 5:30, and I think my parents could have squeezed grilling the steaks outside (they usually cook outside) before the storm hit.  Hell, if I had just arranged to see her at a different time, I could have been home by 5 and they could have taken their sweet time as they cooked the steaks.  But the rain that hit just as I got home burgeoned through our salad and soup, so finally they decided to use a pan and to fry the steaks on the stove inside.  The steaks were fine, but I know they would have preferred to do them outside.  And even though they think it couldn't be helped because I got home later than I said I would, I know the real reason, and I feel ashamed, I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment