Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hit The Ground -- Not Running, Just Hit The Ground

Things are kind of backed-up in terms of being a tourist in Atlanta.  It's the hotel.  Damn place I checked into last night is a dump.  I had heard bad things about it on Trip Advisor, but I had faith.  Yep, that faith has betrayed me.

The air conditioning works, and for the four very humid days I'll be here, really, that's all that matters.  Other parts of my room were, well, less than ideal.  But my huge concern was the front door, of all things.  When I first tried to stick my card in to open it, I realized that it was already open.  That's because it doesn't shut easily, and when I tried to lock it from the inside, the door is so misaligned that I couldn't latch it.

Come the morning (I was going to head out, but I just conked off while listening to Colbert) I just wanted to see if I could deal with just shutting the door with a little more force.  I couldn't, and not latching the door shut still bothered me.  So I did something I had never done before: I complained downstairs and was given another room.  Except that that room didn't seem to be picked up from the previous occupant.  I think the tables were sticky too.  Oh, this hotel!

At least the front desk clerk was nice about giving me a third room, which apparently I will get when I come back from going ... somewhere today.  I just hope that wherever I move into, the people next door turn off their radio, like my previous "neighbor" didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment